Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Week 2 in the new job assignment

So here are some of the news things I've got on my plate due to my new position at work:

  1. SMS Training
  2. Six Sigma Green Belt Training
  3. Macrovision InstallShield Training (This is still tentative.)
  • SMS will be a week long and two others guys are going with me. Can't wait for this because Novell ZENworks doesn't work for crap. Me and the rest of the IT department are beyond pissed off with Novell Application Launcher
  • 6 Sigma will be 11 weeks long and start in August. I'll be the youngest of 3 IT staff trained in 6 Sigma.
  • InstallShield Training: this is in the very early stages. An outside vendor was going to come in and help us with some things. Their initial questioned and their RFP after doing a walkthrough of our operation were about $60,000 different. Thus, me and another dude may get sent off for some training. One of the bosses thinks it'll be a much better investment. Granted it was mentioned in passing, but it was interesting to hear none the less.

No comments: