Thursday, May 25, 2006

Newegg shipment arrives

My Newegg order arrived today.
17-185-006 EXT ENCLOSR SCYTHE|NU350PS-OTP RTL 2
22-144-701 HD 250G|WD 7200 SATA2 16MB WD2500KS 2

Going to put together an external RAID 1 array with the two 250GB, 16MB cache, 7200 rpm, sata2 hard drives. :)


Been thinking about how "happy" I'd be if my picture and music files were somehow lost. I've been doing CD/DVD-R based backups very infrequently for some time now. Finally decided I should setup a RAID 1 array for all of my music and pictures. I'm also thinking of running a copy of Retrospect for the rest of my comouter's files. Gotta make sure to format as FAT32 so I can access the files from the Mac I'm going to get eventually, unless OSX 10.5 should have NTFS support built in....that'd be cool, but I doubt it.


Hopefully the traffic tomorrow afternoon will be tolerable. Gotta pack yet tonite so I can head right down to the Milwaukee/Madison area after work.

2 comments:

Jess said...

It can't get any better than this.

Jess said...

It can't get any better than this.